UK Election 2015

A place to discuss anything. Please don't spam or derail.
Reyazul

UK Election 2015

Post by Reyazul » Sun May 10, 2015 6:15 pm

So, looking at the results I see that the lib dems have gotten a right thrashing and the conservatives have mopped up, with even the Scottish Fucking National Party having a fine turnout.

What are ya'll's take on this? Surprised? Happy? Sad? Apathetic? Are you even happy with the first-past-the-post voting system given that it seems to have shafted the most popular party (UKIP)?

An ignorant American would like to know.
Welsh "I hope you catch genital warts you slut!!!!"
Dark "Now we know that Steph swallows, not spits."
Cars "I wouldn't do *anything*. I wouldn't rape someone or kill a bear."

Reyazul

Re: UK Election 2015

Post by Reyazul » Sun May 10, 2015 6:54 pm

Grammar Nazi

Post by Grammar Nazi » Sun May 10, 2015 9:43 pm

Reyazul wrote:So, looking at the results I see that the lib dems have gotten a right thrashing and the conservatives have mopped up, with even the Scottish Fucking National Party having a fine turnout.

What are ya'll's take on this? Surprised? Happy? Sad? Apathetic? Are you even happy with the first-past-the-post voting system given that it seems to have shafted the most popular party (UKIP)?

You're asking the wrong guy (unless you think some other Brit will turn up here :lol: )

Politics is a sham, you should know this by now. Nothing much ever changes. We need a good 5/10 years of dictatorship.

Reyazul

Post by Reyazul » Sun May 10, 2015 9:56 pm

Grammar Nazi wrote:
Reyazul wrote:So, looking at the results I see that the lib dems have gotten a right thrashing and the conservatives have mopped up, with even the Scottish Fucking National Party having a fine turnout.

You're asking the wrong guy (unless you think some other Brit will turn up here :lol: )
Well there's always the chance that Dark will show up and elucidate a bit. He unfortunately seems to have given up ranting about politics on youtube. :roll:
Politics is a sham, you should know this by now. Nothing much ever changes.
Well yes, but at least in the UK there's more of a plurality of parties/viewpoints and so I assume that governmental shifts are at least a little more significant over there than in the states. Wasn't Thatcher the last conservative PM in the UK? I'm interested to see what if any changes result from this.
We need a good 5/10 years of dictatorship.
Theoretically, or do you expect such from the conservatives? :P

NickD

Post by NickD » Mon May 11, 2015 4:58 am

They should switch to MMP like Germany, then they'd have UKIP as a major player and have leave the EU and kick out all the forriners. Like Dark's wife.

Grammar Nazi

Post by Grammar Nazi » Mon May 11, 2015 5:15 pm

Reyazul wrote:
Well there's always the chance that Dark will show up and elucidate a bit. He unfortunately seems to have given up ranting about politics on youtube. :roll:

Well yes, but at least in the UK there's more of a plurality of parties/viewpoints and so I assume that governmental shifts are at least a little more significant over there than in the states. Wasn't Thatcher the last conservative PM in the UK? I'm interested to see what if any changes result from this.

Theoretically, or do you expect such from the conservatives? :P
No, government shifts don't make a blind bit of difference. I never noticed that the Tories had been in for the last 5 years. And besides, the multinational companies and the media call the shots, not the politicians. Thatcher wasn't the last tory PM. Look it up.

I'll be the dictator. At least I could bring in some good stuff because I know I'll be out soon so I won't be worried about vote losing policies that are actually good (like the main parties are).

Grammar Nazi

Post by Grammar Nazi » Mon May 11, 2015 5:16 pm

NickD wrote:They should switch to MMP like Germany, then they'd have UKIP as a major player and have leave the EU and kick out all the forriners. Like Dark's wife.
Hmmm, yes. I wonder how Dark reconciles his love of UKIP with his overseas wife. Interesting. :lol:

Reyazul

Post by Reyazul » Tue May 12, 2015 12:21 am

Grammar Nazi wrote:
NickD wrote:They should switch to MMP like Germany, then they'd have UKIP as a major player and have leave the EU and kick out all the forriners. Like Dark's wife.
Hmmm, yes. I wonder how Dark reconciles his love of UKIP with his overseas wife. Interesting. :lol:
"Errrm, well at least she's not Muslim..."

(I'm assuming that her being married to him affords her full citizenship and so it's not an issue for him)

NickD

Post by NickD » Tue May 12, 2015 4:18 am

Reyazul wrote:
Grammar Nazi wrote:
"Errrm, well at least she's white..."
Fixed it for you.

NickD

Post by NickD » Tue May 12, 2015 4:21 am

Reyazul wrote:
Grammar Nazi wrote:
"Errrm, well at least she's not Muslim..."

(I'm assuming that her being married to him affords her full citizenship and so it's not an issue for him)
You can't trust those foreigners. She probably just married him so she could live in the UK. Probably best to kick her out.