UK Election 2015

A place to discuss anything. Please don't spam or derail.
Reyazul

Re: UK Election 2015

Post by Reyazul » Wed May 20, 2015 10:37 pm

The Dark Something or other wrote:2. Why is Scottish independence a good thing in your view?
Mostly because the sliver of Scottish heritage in my blood yearns for FREEDOM, and I would take a great deal of pleasure from seeing a Free Scotland, irrespective of whether it makes sense politically/financially/practically.

I recognize it's probably a bad idea because I haven't yet seen a coherent plan for how an independent Scotland would handle establishing a new currency and taking care of all the infrastructure upkeep and development that the united government does now, but in spite of all that, I would STILL like to see Scotland tell the UK to fuck off and sort of wing it after that.
3. So many peolpe CAN be wrong about UKIP being racist. I joined in 2004. I've stood for election for UKIP. If people can credit my intelligence, and those who know me know that racist is more-or-less the last thing I am [...]
Well, this is probably the reason you did not win the election; your inclusive views did not mesh with the party's radical dogma. :P

(In all seriousness, I don't think UKIP is racist and I think the people who accuse it of being so are being very shortsighted, as people tend to be when they're ogling a party that isn't their own. I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to make light of it.)
But what I can tell you is that UKIP is the only party willing to seriously look at immigration, and that, combined with the fact that we believe in national democracy, automatically makes us racist in some people's mind.
Immigration I can understand, but what is necessarily racist about national democracy? I thought that would have been a generally popular idea.
I can equally say that the party is not racist. I have genuinely met as many racist Labour and Tory members as I have UKIPpers. That is the honest truth of it.
Well yeah, but they don't say objectionable things, so the public can't very well be expected to rag on them as they do UKIP.
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win".
To that I would add my own wisdom (feel free to quote me in the future as you see fit, this could go in a history book one day):

"But not without comprehensive electoral reform leading to results that are in better proportion to popular demand."
4. LOL make light of the breakdown of my relationship due to her repeated abuse of my trust. Good strategy!
That was purely in jest so I'm sorry if I hit a sore spot. I can e-snog you if it'll make you feel any better.
Everyone is a minority when you look into it.
Yes, but it's the degree to which one is a minority that counts I think. Ethnicity is probably the most important one, since common culture can unite even radically-different looking people. Race matters but not quite as much. And I don't think religion or other classes really matter much just as long as you're not an atheist in America (correct me if I'm wrong, but atheism is pretty generally acceptable in the UK these days, innit?).

I'm a minority because I'm legally hispanic, but nobody really cares about that. Now if I was a fresh Mexican immigrant, especially a Muslim one...

if you said that to my face just now, I would genuinely break your nose.
But you wouldn't have punched me? I have to say, I'm a bit insulted. I thought my joke was top-quality nosebreak-worthy shit.
Welsh "I hope you catch genital warts you slut!!!!"
Dark "Now we know that Steph swallows, not spits."
Cars "I wouldn't do *anything*. I wouldn't rape someone or kill a bear."

Grammar Nazi

Post by Grammar Nazi » Thu May 21, 2015 10:52 pm

The Indian owner of my local shop was complaining to me today about how there were no English chip shops round here anymore because they'd all been taken over by the Chinese :lol:

I didn't ask him who he voted for.

Grammar Nazi

Post by Grammar Nazi » Mon May 25, 2015 4:46 pm

Dark now spamming me up with e-mails about electoral reform :roll:

The Dark Something or other

Post by The Dark Something or other » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:22 pm

Grammar Nazi wrote:The Indian owner of my local shop was complaining to me today about how there were no English chip shops round here anymore because they'd all been taken over by the Chinese :lol:

Fun fact:

Local UKIP branch Chairman is Pakistani Muslim British. Yessir.

Reyazul

Post by Reyazul » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:01 pm

The Dark Something or other wrote:
Grammar Nazi wrote:The Indian owner of my local shop was complaining to me today about how there were no English chip shops round here anymore because they'd all been taken over by the Chinese :lol:

Fun fact:

And there was once a man named Uncle Tom who owned a cabin. :P

Reyazul

Post by Reyazul » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:03 pm

(I'm sorry, Dark. You know I secretly love UKIP)

Grammar Nazi

Post by Grammar Nazi » Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:16 pm

Fun fact:

Well done Dark for that necropostomancy :roll:

The Dark Something or other

Post by The Dark Something or other » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:55 am

Grammar Nazi wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:16 pm

Fun fact:

Well done Dark for that necropostomancy :roll:
You're welcome...