UK Election 2015

A place to discuss anything. Please don't spam or derail.
Reyazul

Re: UK Election 2015

Post by Reyazul » Tue May 12, 2015 11:16 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Welsh "I hope you catch genital warts you slut!!!!"
Dark "Now we know that Steph swallows, not spits."
Cars "I wouldn't do *anything*. I wouldn't rape someone or kill a bear."

The Dark Something or other

Post by The Dark Something or other » Sat May 16, 2015 6:24 pm

Rey, I haven't given up on YT. It's that uploading and editing videos via a mac is absurdly complex for some reason. If you know any free software I can use on a Mac to edit and change to the correct format, I'd really appreciate it. It's pretty frustrating, to be honest.

If you check my main blog out, www.doggerelizer.wordpress.com, you'll see that I do political posts there.

IMHO, it's a farce. Whatever you think of UKIP, its impossible to say that's it's fair that a party can get 4 million votes / 12.6% of the vote, yet get one seat. 12.6% of the seats is 82 seats. WTF!?

Boththe LibDems and Greens were also shafted by our system, altho less so. And the SNP get 95% of the seats in Scotland on 50% of the vote.

The system is truly knackered and needs to be scrapped.

Post by The Dark Something or other » Sat May 16, 2015 6:28 pm

Grammar Nazi wrote:
NickD wrote:They should switch to MMP like Germany, then they'd have UKIP as a major player and have leave the EU and kick out all the forriners. Like Dark's wife.
Hmmm, yes. I wonder how Dark reconciles his love of UKIP with his overseas wife. Interesting. :lol:
How does Nigel Farage do it? How do many, many members of UKIP do it? Oh yeah, because we're not racist, and we're not against immigration. Jesus. When will people get this through their thick skulls? We are in favour of properly controlled immigration, not killing all foreigners.

(your comment did make me laugh tho, Nick :D )

Post by The Dark Something or other » Sat May 16, 2015 6:31 pm

NickD wrote:
Reyazul wrote:
Grammar Nazi wrote:
Hmmm, yes. I wonder how Dark reconciles his love of UKIP with his overseas wife. Interesting. :lol:
"Errrm, well at least she's white..."
Fixed it for you.
My ex, whom I was with for **FIVE** years, was fucking Indian, bro. We split up 'cos she was a habitual love rat, not 'cos of any non-whiteness. I come from Hounslow in London; I know very few white English people. It always makes me laugh when people make assumptions; my entire career and life have been about as cosmopolitan as you can get.

Reyazul

Post by Reyazul » Sat May 16, 2015 7:49 pm

The Dark Something or other wrote:Rey, I haven't given up on YT. It's that uploading and editing videos via a mac is absurdly complex for some reason. If you know any free software I can use on a Mac to edit and change to the correct format, I'd really appreciate it. It's pretty frustrating, to be honest.
Unfortunately I know of none, as I avoid Apple computing products like the plague. Whatever their supposed benefits are, they pale in my mind compared to the user-unfriendliness of the systems.

I recommend getting a PC. :P
If you check my main blog out, http://www.doggerelizer.wordpress.com, you'll see that I do political posts there.
Ah yeah, forgot about that. Last time I read through it was around (almost) Scottish Independence time.
IMHO, it's a farce. Whatever you think of UKIP, its impossible to say that's it's fair that a party can get 4 million votes / 12.6% of the vote, yet get one seat. 12.6% of the seats is 82 seats. WTF!?

Boththe LibDems and Greens were also shafted by our system, altho less so. And the SNP get 95% of the seats in Scotland on 50% of the vote.

The system is truly knackered and needs to be scrapped.
Well, I'm counting on the SNP's success being a signal that Scottish Independence may still be a realistic possibility in the next several years. That's the one good thing I can take from the ludicrous results.

Any chance that the disproportionate outcome will spur a movement to reform the system to a direct proportionality type thing?

Reyazul

Post by Reyazul » Sat May 16, 2015 7:54 pm

The Dark Something or other wrote:
Grammar Nazi wrote:Hmmm, yes. I wonder how Dark reconciles his love of UKIP with his overseas wife. Interesting. :lol:
How does Nigel Farage do it? How do many, many members of UKIP do it? Oh yeah, because we're not racist, and we're not against immigration. Jesus. When will people get this through their thick skulls? We are in favour of properly controlled immigration, not killing all foreigners.
That may be so, but the popular conception is that UKIP are a bunch of xenophobic muslim-bashing Anglo-Nazis, and frankly, I can't believe that so many people could be wrong about something like this.
The Dark Something or other wrote:My ex, whom I was with for **FIVE** years, was fucking Indian, bro. We split up 'cos she was a habitual love rat, not 'cos of any non-whiteness.
And are you sure that her ethnicity didn't play a role in her meandering ways? As a minority, she clearly had no problem taking advantage of the nation's social programs; it's only a small step forward to then take advantage of a proper Englishman's affections. :P

NickD

Post by NickD » Mon May 18, 2015 2:58 am

Reyazul wrote:And are you sure that her ethnicity didn't play a role in her meandering ways? As a minority, she clearly had no problem taking advantage of the nation's social programs; it's only a small step forward to then take advantage of a proper Englishman's affections. :P
Those dastardly foreigners! If UKIP had been in power, she would have known her place and would've been completely faithful, I'm sure.

NickD

Post by NickD » Mon May 18, 2015 3:00 am

The Dark Something or other wrote:My ex, whom I was with for **FIVE** years, was fucking Indian, bro. We split up 'cos she was a habitual love rat, not 'cos of any non-whiteness.
Maybe she was unfaithful because she was upset due to all of the racial abuse you kept shouting at her?

Grammar Nazi

Post by Grammar Nazi » Tue May 19, 2015 4:43 pm

The Dark Something or other wrote:
My ex, whom I was with for **FIVE** years, was fucking Indian, bro. We split up 'cos she was a habitual love rat, not 'cos of any non-whiteness. I come from Hounslow in London; I know very few white English people. It always makes me laugh when people make assumptions; my entire career and life have been about as cosmopolitan as you can get.
Love rat? Stop reading the Daily Star Dark ffs.

Post by The Dark Something or other » Wed May 20, 2015 4:10 pm

Rey:

1. Yep. If only I could fit my PC into my tiny rabbit hutch flat!

2. Why is Scottish independence a good thing in your view?

3. So many peolpe CAN be wrong about UKIP being racist. I joined in 2004. I've stood for election for UKIP. If people can credit my intelligence, and those who know me know that racist is more-or-less the last thing I am, then you have to seriously consider my arguments not just what a bunch of people think. I actually always find this rather personal and offensive, because by saying that UKIP are out and out racists, what the person is saying to me is that I, Bryan Parry, as a UKIP supporter am either therefore (1) a racist myself, or (2) so stupid that I am unaware that UKIP are racist.

The reasons for UKIP's bad image in some sectors of society are complex and varied. Sometimes it's been our own fault with the odd crackpot candidate. And certainly, Lord Pearson's brief stint as leader didn't help us; that ex-tory was borderline, no doubt.

But what I can tell you is that UKIP is the only party willing to seriously look at immigration, and that, combined with the fact that we believe in national democracy, automatically makes us racist in some people's mind.

In reality, as I say, I've been a very active member for years and I have known, met, and worked with many, many people in the party, including top bods. For example, I personally know David Coburn MEP very well, and I have met and discussed strategy a great deal of times with people as illustrious as Gerard Batten MEP, Patrick O'Flynn MEP, and others. I have worked extensively with local members and activists in my roles which have included branch Secretary. I can genuinely say that 100% I would not be a member of a racist party. I can equally say that the party is not racist. I have genuinely met as many racist Labour and Tory members as I have UKIPpers. That is the honest truth of it.

I suggest cutting through the hatred of UKIP and the anti UKIP spin and just reading our 2015 manifesto.

To answer the, 'so many people think you're racist, so you must be', I would also add these two quotes:

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win".

4. LOL make light of the breakdown of my relationship due to her repeated abuse of my trust. Good strategy! Hmm. In other news, if you had done your diversity training, you'd know that we are ALL minorities in one way or another. The fact that she was in the minority racially (and I do say racially as opposed to ethnically, because she was born and bred a Brit and her family was anglicised), is no more relevant than the fact that I am a minority as an atheist. Everyone is a minority when you look into it.

Nick:

5. I am well over it, now. But nonetheless, bantering about my ex in that fashion is disrespectful and probably wouldn't be acceptable from my good friends. Genuinely, I'm very calm writing this (breaking up with her was a great move on my part!), but if you said that to my face just now, I would genuinely break your nose. Cheers, mate. :)

Tony:

6. Touché!