The missing users thread

A place to discuss anything. Please don't spam or derail.
Grammar Nazi

Re: The missing users thread

Post by Grammar Nazi » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:12 pm

Reyazul wrote:
Grammar Nazi wrote:
Reyazul wrote:The Cleddyf I found was not our Cleddyf, unfortunately. I can't believe someone else picked such an obscure name.

I did find our Pyccak though. Don't know just yet if he'll wade in or not.
Not obscure if you're Welsh like he was/is.
Even for them it's a rare name to be choosing for your internet handle.

Like a French person naming himself "GlaiveGuisarme." Come on.
Eh? I know lots of GlaiveGuisarmes. So there :P

Reyazul

Post by Reyazul » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:30 am

Welp, I tried. But I don't think we're going to see any other old faces showing up now. I'm honestly surprised at the number of people who declined to respond at all.
Welsh "I hope you catch genital warts you slut!!!!"
Dark "Now we know that Steph swallows, not spits."
Cars "I wouldn't do *anything*. I wouldn't rape someone or kill a bear."

KiLL HAnnAH

Post by KiLL HAnnAH » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:06 am

Reyazul wrote:Welp, I tried. But I don't think we're going to see any other old faces showing up now. I'm honestly surprised at the number of people who declined to respond at all.
I thought they'd return for old times' sake, but it seems that we may be an embarrassing, cringe-evoking moment from the past that is best left forgotten. :lol:

alisondre

Post by alisondre » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:15 am

Were there a lot of people that contact was actually made with who flat-out didn't respond??

Jeez. That seems pretty harsh. I don't necessarily have the same youthful enthusiasm I once had, and don't always have anything to say, but...
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Grammar Nazi

Post by Grammar Nazi » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:45 pm

alisondre wrote:Were there a lot of people that contact was actually made with who flat-out didn't respond??

Jeez. That seems pretty harsh. I don't necessarily have the same youthful enthusiasm I once had, and don't always have anything to say, but...
Well they probably saw the name 'Reyazul' and that was the end of the matter......

Reyazul

Post by Reyazul » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:52 pm

alisondre wrote:Were there a lot of people that contact was actually made with who flat-out didn't respond??
I am 99% certain I found the Facebook profiles for Zakalwe, Mr. Dave, emilthe1stking, and Ancalagon, but none of them responded. There were others who I found through less reliable means but they may have just not seen my messages due to not paying attention.
alisondre wrote:Jeez. That seems pretty harsh. I don't necessarily have the same youthful enthusiasm I once had, and don't always have anything to say, but...
I'm in the same boat. I can understand a lack of interest but I think a "thanks but no thanks" is the least anyone can do.
Grammar Nazi wrote:Well they probably saw the name 'Reyazul' and that was the end of the matter......
Actually, most of them saw my real name. :P And of those who didn't, I got the most positive responses from the ones who saw 'Reyazul' rather than another pseudonym.

Grammar Nazi

Post by Grammar Nazi » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:53 pm

Maedros has registered but doesn't seem to have posted yet. Didn't he host OT2? Or was it OT4? Schism did OT3 didn't he?

Reyazul

Post by Reyazul » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:25 pm

Grammar Nazi wrote:Maedros has registered but doesn't seem to have posted yet. Didn't he host OT2? Or was it OT4? Schism did OT3 didn't he?
I don't think Maedros hosted anything, but I think he was an admin on one or more of the forums.

I think by now we can safely assume that he and Woota just signed up to have a look around and nothing more. Of course I'd like to be proven wrong, but it looks doubtful at this point.

alisondre

Post by alisondre » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:12 am

Grammar Nazi wrote:Maedros has registered but doesn't seem to have posted yet. Didn't he host OT2? Or was it OT4? Schism did OT3 didn't he?
Schism hosted OT2.
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

KiLL HAnnAH

Post by KiLL HAnnAH » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:01 am

Reyazul wrote:
I am 99% certain I found the Facebook profiles for Zakalwe, Mr. Dave, emilthe1stking, and Ancalagon, but none of them responded. There were others who I found through less reliable means but they may have just not seen my messages due to not paying attention.
It could be that your messages might have entered the junk/spam folder.
OT3 was DenisN, 4 was Diablo. Maedros was the admin for OT3 I think, not sure if he was for 4.