URGENT REQUEST Linguistics Dissertation: British English Speakers Required

A place to discuss anything. Please don't spam or derail.
User avatar
Reyazul
Posts: 1159
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:40 pm
Location: Southeast of Disorder

Re: URGENT REQUEST Linguistics Dissertation: British English Speakers Required

Post by Reyazul » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:36 pm

Grammar Nazi wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:54 pm
Wtf Rey? What the hell is your normal voice? You sound like a failed British Officer gargling with a bucketful of pebbles.
That IS my normal voice! I frankly don't expect to get any odd looks if I speak that way next time I'm in Britain!
Welsh "I hope you catch genital warts you slut!!!!"
Dark "Now we know that Steph swallows, not spits."
Cars "I wouldn't do *anything*. I wouldn't rape someone or kill a bear."

User avatar
Grammar Nazi
Posts: 1212
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:09 pm
Location: somewhere they don't play NWN

Re: URGENT REQUEST Linguistics Dissertation: British English Speakers Required

Post by Grammar Nazi » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:51 pm

Reyazul wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:36 pm
Grammar Nazi wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:54 pm
Wtf Rey? What the hell is your normal voice? You sound like a failed British Officer gargling with a bucketful of pebbles.
That IS my normal voice! I frankly don't expect to get any odd looks if I speak that way next time I'm in Britain!
:lol: You will if you come round here :p

User avatar
The Dark Something or other
Posts: 512
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:27 pm
Contact:

Re: URGENT REQUEST Linguistics Dissertation: British English Speakers Required

Post by The Dark Something or other » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:06 pm

Grammar Nazi wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:51 pm
Reyazul wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:36 pm
Grammar Nazi wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:54 pm
Wtf Rey? What the hell is your normal voice? You sound like a failed British Officer gargling with a bucketful of pebbles.
That IS my normal voice! I frankly don't expect to get any odd looks if I speak that way next time I'm in Britain!
:lol: You will if you come round here :p
He will down here in'all.

User avatar
Grammar Nazi
Posts: 1212
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:09 pm
Location: somewhere they don't play NWN

Re: URGENT REQUEST Linguistics Dissertation: British English Speakers Required

Post by Grammar Nazi » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:34 pm

The Dark Something or other wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:06 pm
Grammar Nazi wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:51 pm
Reyazul wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:36 pm


That IS my normal voice! I frankly don't expect to get any odd looks if I speak that way next time I'm in Britain!
:lol: You will if you come round here :p
He will down here in'all.
It's 'an'all' ya northerner manque.

Have ya got 50 yet? Did you get Reef and Veggie?

User avatar
The Dark Something or other
Posts: 512
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:27 pm
Contact:

Re: URGENT REQUEST Linguistics Dissertation: British English Speakers Required

Post by The Dark Something or other » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:34 pm

Grammar Nazi wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:34 pm
The Dark Something or other wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:06 pm
Grammar Nazi wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:51 pm


:lol: You will if you come round here :p
He will down here in'all.
It's 'an'all' ya northerner manque.

Have ya got 50 yet? Did you get Reef and Veggie?
But pronounced down here as "in'all".

Reef, yes, Veg is on radio silence. Allegedly cos of some gay accounting exams that are only gonna change his life forever for the better, or some shit. Or maybe jsut cos he's an EVIL BUGGER.

User avatar
Grammar Nazi
Posts: 1212
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:09 pm
Location: somewhere they don't play NWN

Re: URGENT REQUEST Linguistics Dissertation: British English Speakers Required

Post by Grammar Nazi » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:42 pm

The Dark Something or other wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:34 pm
Grammar Nazi wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:34 pm
The Dark Something or other wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:06 pm


He will down here in'all.
It's 'an'all' ya northerner manque.

Have ya got 50 yet? Did you get Reef and Veggie?
But pronounced down here as "in'all".

Reef, yes, Veg is on radio silence. Allegedly cos of some gay accounting exams that are only gonna change his life forever for the better, or some shit. Or maybe jsut cos he's an EVIL BUGGER.
He'll be a well off evil bugger if he gets going in the excruciatingly adrenaline filled field of accounting.

User avatar
The Dark Something or other
Posts: 512
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:27 pm
Contact:

Re: URGENT REQUEST Linguistics Dissertation: British English Speakers Required

Post by The Dark Something or other » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:11 pm

It IS adrenaline filled.

My Mum: art, books.
My Dad: sports, banter.

Those were their talents and interests.

Why couldn't they have been into maths, science, and business? Fuck me. LOL

User avatar
Grammar Nazi
Posts: 1212
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:09 pm
Location: somewhere they don't play NWN

Re: URGENT REQUEST Linguistics Dissertation: British English Speakers Required

Post by Grammar Nazi » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:30 pm

The Dark Something or other wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:11 pm
It IS adrenaline filled.

My Mum: art, books.
My Dad: sports, banter.

Those were their talents and interests.

Why couldn't they have been into maths, science, and business? Fuck me. LOL
Not sure they would have given YOU any money anyway,,,,

User avatar
The Dark Something or other
Posts: 512
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:27 pm
Contact:

Re: URGENT REQUEST Linguistics Dissertation: British English Speakers Required

Post by The Dark Something or other » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:05 pm

Grammar Nazi wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:30 pm
The Dark Something or other wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:11 pm
It IS adrenaline filled.

My Mum: art, books.
My Dad: sports, banter.

Those were their talents and interests.

Why couldn't they have been into maths, science, and business? Fuck me. LOL
Not sure they would have given YOU any money anyway,,,,
That's not my point. My point is that my talents might have laid in areas where I can earn money, as opposed to the waste of time known as the Humanities.

User avatar
Reyazul
Posts: 1159
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:40 pm
Location: Southeast of Disorder

Re: URGENT REQUEST Linguistics Dissertation: British English Speakers Required

Post by Reyazul » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:30 am

The Dark Something or other wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:05 pm
Grammar Nazi wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:30 pm
The Dark Something or other wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:11 pm
It IS adrenaline filled.

My Mum: art, books.
My Dad: sports, banter.

Those were their talents and interests.

Why couldn't they have been into maths, science, and business? Fuck me. LOL
Not sure they would have given YOU any money anyway,,,,
That's not my point. My point is that my talents might have laid in areas where I can earn money, as opposed to the waste of time known as the Humanities.
You could have joined the military and got yourself an in to lucrative government work. In fact, you might still, depending on how this thesis turns out.
Welsh "I hope you catch genital warts you slut!!!!"
Dark "Now we know that Steph swallows, not spits."
Cars "I wouldn't do *anything*. I wouldn't rape someone or kill a bear."

Post Reply