URGENT REQUEST Linguistics Dissertation: British English Speakers Required

A place to discuss anything. Please don't spam or derail.
Reyazul

Re: URGENT REQUEST Linguistics Dissertation: British English Speakers Required

Post by Reyazul » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:02 pm

Grammar Nazi wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:28 pm
The Dark Something or other wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:47 am
Reyazul wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:46 pm

You tag along whenever America undergoes a significant military operation, but your actual deployed troop presence is a whole lot smaller. The odds of you getting shot are quite slim, especially if you get yourself an office job (which, incidentally, are the jobs that set you up for government work)
"Amrrrrica, FUCK YEAH! Comin' again to save the motherfuckin' day, YEAH"

hahaha. Get a grip, Rey. Our forces are chronically underfunded due to crap Governments, but we still have one of the top forces in the world. Try having your next war without Britain's "tag along" support. AHAHAHA.
Since when did you care about the military? Hahahahahahahah

Our 'enemies' go round in circles, like fashion. Sometimes the government can't even decide who the hell they are anyway. There's just got to be an enemy hasn't there? Always. It''s all bollocks.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Was just thinking the same thing. You'd think I'd just insulted his mother or something.

Face it though, Bry, it's the truth. Who led the call to invade Afghanistan? America. Who led the call to invade Iraq? America. Who's been doing most of the antagonizing and bombing in Syria/Iran/etc? America. Not saying I support it, but America is the one charging into conflicts left and right. Britain's approach appears more like "Well shit, they're our ally, I suppose we have to show *some* support."
Welsh "I hope you catch genital warts you slut!!!!"
Dark "Now we know that Steph swallows, not spits."
Cars "I wouldn't do *anything*. I wouldn't rape someone or kill a bear."

The Dark Something or other

Post by The Dark Something or other » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:39 pm

Grammar Nazi wrote:
Reyazul wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:46 pm

You tag along whenever America undergoes a significant military operation, but your actual deployed troop presence is a whole lot smaller. The odds of you getting shot are quite slim, especially if you get yourself an office job (which, incidentally, are the jobs that set you up for government work)

hahaha. Get a grip, Rey. Our forces are chronically underfunded due to crap Governments, but we still have one of the top forces in the world. Try having your next war without Britain's "tag along" support. AHAHAHA.

Our 'enemies' go round in circles, like fashion. Sometimes the government can't even decide who the hell they are anyway. There's just got to be an enemy hasn't there? Always. It''s all bollocks.
??

I've always cared about the military; as a libertarian, I think the armed forces are one of the few legitimate reasons for a state at all. You're quite right about the enemy point, but that can be separated from the fact that we need a national defence force.

[EDIT] Moreover, I'm also well known for being a patriot. Why WOULDN'T I support the armed forces?
??
Last edited by The Dark Something or other on Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by The Dark Something or other » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:40 pm

Reyazul wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:02 pm
Grammar Nazi wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Was just thinking the same thing. You'd think I'd just insulted his mother or something.

Face it though, Bry, it's the truth. Who led the call to invade Afghanistan? America. Who led the call to invade Iraq? America. Who's been doing most of the antagonizing and bombing in Syria/Iran/etc? America. Not saying I support it, but America is the one charging into conflicts left and right. Britain's approach appears more like "Well shit, they're our ally, I suppose we have to show *some* support."
DON'T YOU **EVER** FORGET: IT WAS **OUR** DODGY DOSSIER THAT ENABLED **YOU** TO KILL IRAQI BABIES. You're welcome.

Grammar Nazi

Post by Grammar Nazi » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:39 pm

Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:39 pm
Grammar Nazi wrote:

??

I've always cared about the military; as a libertarian, I think the armed forces are one of the few legitimate reasons for a state at all. You're quite right about the enemy point, but that can be separated from the fact that we need a national defence force.

[EDIT] Moreover, I'm also well known for being a patriot. Why WOULDN'T I support the armed forces?
??
As a libertarian? Patriot? Shut it.

Reyazul

Post by Reyazul » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:08 pm

Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:40 pm
Reyazul wrote:
Grammar Nazi wrote:

DON'T YOU **EVER** FORGET: IT WAS **OUR** DODGY DOSSIER THAT ENABLED **YOU** TO KILL IRAQI BABIES. You're welcome.
:lol: Alright, I'll give Britain an equal share of credit for Iraq.
Welsh "I hope you catch genital warts you slut!!!!"
Dark "Now we know that Steph swallows, not spits."
Cars "I wouldn't do *anything*. I wouldn't rape someone or kill a bear."

Post by The Dark Something or other » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:38 pm

Grammar Nazi wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:39 pm
Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:39 pm
Grammar Nazi wrote:

??

??
As a libertarian? Patriot? Shut it.
UKIPUKIPUKIPUKIPUKIPUKIPUKIPUKIPFORTHENATIONFORTHENATIONFORTHENATIONISUCKFARAGESCOCKUKIPUKIPUKIPUKIPUKIPUKIPUKIP

Post by The Dark Something or other » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:39 pm

Reyazul wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:08 pm
Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:40 pm
Reyazul wrote:

:lol: Alright, I'll give Britain an equal share of credit for Iraq.
*fist bump emoticon*

Grammar Nazi

Post by Grammar Nazi » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:02 pm

Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:38 pm

UKIPUKIPUKIPUKIPUKIPUKIPUKIPUKIPFORTHENATIONFORTHENATIONFORTHENATIONISUCKFARAGESCOCKUKIPUKIPUKIPUKIPUKIPUKIPUKIP

Finish the goddamn thesis Dark afore it sends you totally dolally.