Reyazul's World Tour 2019

A place to discuss anything. Please don't spam or derail.
The Dark Something or other

Re: Reyazul's World Tour 2019

Post by The Dark Something or other » Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:43 pm

Grammar Nazi wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:17 pm
What you fags on about? Jan-Feb? That's a long way off. Might be on a drunken bucket-list rampage by then.
*like*

Reyazul

Post by Reyazul » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:00 pm

Grammar Nazi wrote:
What you fags on about? Jan-Feb? That's a long way off. Might be on a drunken bucket-list rampage by then.
Well then, I know who's going to pump me full of lead in Mancland...
Welsh "I hope you catch genital warts you slut!!!!"
Dark "Now we know that Steph swallows, not spits."
Cars "I wouldn't do *anything*. I wouldn't rape someone or kill a bear."

The Dark Something or other

Post by The Dark Something or other » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:48 pm

Reyazul wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:00 pm
Grammar Nazi wrote:
He'll be pumping you full of something hot, my old boy, but it won't be lead.

Grammar Nazi

Post by Grammar Nazi » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:56 pm

Reyazul wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:00 pm
Grammar Nazi wrote:
Remind me closer to the date.

Reyazul

Post by Reyazul » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:37 pm

Will do, chief.

KiLL HAnnAH

Post by KiLL HAnnAH » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:54 pm

So how's your World Tour 2019 turning out?

I see you've mentioned East Asia, consider going Japan if you get the chance. I was there for 9 days last Dec and I absolutely loved it. Can't wait to go back again. I can honestly say that everyone I know who has been to Japan (and that's a lot of people); none of them have ever given a bad review of their trip and almost everyone says they would like to go back there again.

Pretty sure you've heard it all before but it's true, their customer service is second to none and it's such a unique country and culture, with a wonderful blend of the old and the new, of the historical and the modern. So many things to see which is why I guess people never get tire of going back for repeat trips.

I visited Tokyo, Mt. Fuji, Kyoto, and Osaka. If you could only pick one I'd suggest Tokyo as it is the capital and has a bit of everything along with Mt. Fuji which is just a quick 2 hour bus ride away. But if you're really deep into temples, history and the cultural stuff, you might want to consider Kyoto simply because that place is TEMPLE OVERLOAD. Seriously I swear there's like a temple every where you turn. Apparently there's like 1600 of them there. But some of the famous temples there are really beautiful. You know when people say Japan and that image of a postcard perfect temple pops up in your mind? It lives up to that stereotype. You can also combine Kyoto with Osaka as they're just a 20 - 60 minutes (depending on the type of train) train ride from each other.

Only downside would be that mid-Jan to mid-Feb is smack right in the middle of winter, so no beautiful sakura or autumn leaves to admire.

Ok, enough of my fanboi-ing over Japan. I honestly cannot in good faith recommend you to come over to where I live when you can be going to Japan, but if for whatever reason you do end up in South-East Asia, specifically Penang in Malaysia, give me a holler.

Reyazul

Post by Reyazul » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:43 pm

KiLL HAnnAH wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:54 pm
So how's your World Tour 2019 turning out?

I see you've mentioned East Asia, consider going Japan if you get the chance. I was there for 9 days last Dec and I absolutely loved it. Can't wait to go back again. I can honestly say that everyone I know who has been to Japan (and that's a lot of people); none of them have ever given a bad review of their trip and almost everyone says they would like to go back there again.

Pretty sure you've heard it all before but it's true, their customer service is second to none and it's such a unique country and culture, with a wonderful blend of the old and the new, of the historical and the modern. So many things to see which is why I guess people never get tire of going back for repeat trips.

I visited Tokyo, Mt. Fuji, Kyoto, and Osaka. If you could only pick one I'd suggest Tokyo as it is the capital and has a bit of everything along with Mt. Fuji which is just a quick 2 hour bus ride away. But if you're really deep into temples, history and the cultural stuff, you might want to consider Kyoto simply because that place is TEMPLE OVERLOAD. Seriously I swear there's like a temple every where you turn. Apparently there's like 1600 of them there. But some of the famous temples there are really beautiful. You know when people say Japan and that image of a postcard perfect temple pops up in your mind? It lives up to that stereotype. You can also combine Kyoto with Osaka as they're just a 20 - 60 minutes (depending on the type of train) train ride from each other.

Only downside would be that mid-Jan to mid-Feb is smack right in the middle of winter, so no beautiful sakura or autumn leaves to admire.

Ok, enough of my fanboi-ing over Japan. I honestly cannot in good faith recommend you to come over to where I live when you can be going to Japan, but if for whatever reason you do end up in South-East Asia, specifically Penang in Malaysia, give me a holler.
Absolutely! And yeah, Japan is the premiere location I've been thinking about in Asia, though of course I hadn't really thought about where specifically I'd go to in there. But based on what you've said, I can probably get a great experience out of Tokyo + Fuji. Were I to make it an extended trip, I'd consider hitting Kyoto then, too.

Still working out my travel plan in my head. I'll be submitting my itinerary to my superiors in early December so it shouldn't be long.

Kitty Glitter

Post by Kitty Glitter » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:26 am

Grammar Nazi wrote:
If Tony's going to see anyone from this sorry bunch it's gonna be MEEE :x

[/cue NSYNC] :lol:

Kitty Glitter

Post by Kitty Glitter » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:28 am

I'm no longer in Vegas or I'd force you to visit... Alas. Spaceships in the night and all that jazz. :roll:

Reyazul

Post by Reyazul » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:26 pm

Right now my prospective plan is a few days in London, a few days in Scotland (probably Edinburgh, but maybe Glasgow), and a few days in Japan (likely Tokyo). If I reckon I have enough funds, I might stop in Vegas or another Pacific-side spot for a few days before returning home. I'm going to research prices this week and get my dates worked out. My itinerary will have to be finalized in the middle of next week so I'll let you all know the plan then.