What video game(s) are you playing?

A place to discuss anything. Please don't spam or derail.
FireLily

What video game(s) are you playing?

Post by FireLily » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:57 pm

Just curious.

Reyazul

Re: What video game(s) are you playing?

Post by Reyazul » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:38 pm

I'm slogging through the endgame portion of Medieval II TW right now. After that I'll likely have very little time for games, so I'll probably jump on Hearthstone.
Welsh "I hope you catch genital warts you slut!!!!"
Dark "Now we know that Steph swallows, not spits."
Cars "I wouldn't do *anything*. I wouldn't rape someone or kill a bear."

Grammar Nazi

Post by Grammar Nazi » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:05 pm

Still messing about on Dark Souls 2, but the online play is going to decline soon for reasons too boring to mention.

Before that I was playing Divinity: Original Sin (isometric RPG) which I think is one of the better RPGs released for a long time. Highly recommended.

Pillars of Eternity will probably be next.

Reyazul

Post by Reyazul » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:16 pm

Grammar Nazi wrote:Still messing about on Dark Souls 2, but the online play is going to decline soon for reasons too boring to mention.
Spill it. After spending ~2 years listening to people discuss the finer points of World of Warcraft, I'm immune to boredom.

Grammar Nazi

Post by Grammar Nazi » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:24 pm

Reyazul wrote:
Grammar Nazi wrote:Still messing about on Dark Souls 2, but the online play is going to decline soon for reasons too boring to mention.
Spill it. After spending ~2 years listening to people discuss the finer points of World of Warcraft, I'm immune to boredom.
Well it's complicated but essentially From Software are bringing out a 'new' version of the game with minor 'improvements' (which they have only vaguely described). They are going to charge for it (!) and from what I can gather people who get the new version won't be able to play with people who have the old version. The people who are going to buy/not buy seems a 50/50 split. So there's a big reduction in online play right there (which is slowly diminishing anyway).

The saving grace may be the price. It's not been specified yet. But if it's more than say £10 they can sod off as far as I'm concerned.

Boring enough for ya?

FireLily

Post by FireLily » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:37 pm

Grammar Nazi wrote:
Before that I was playing Divinity: Original Sin (isometric RPG) which I think is one of the better RPGs released for a long time. Highly recommended.
I'm playing through that right now! Fantastic game.

Grammar Nazi

Post by Grammar Nazi » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:43 pm

FireLily wrote:
Grammar Nazi wrote:
I'm playing through that right now! Fantastic game.
Really? I wasn't that keen on the combat at first but it grew on me a lot.

Have you played Divinity II (Director's cut)? Different type of game but same developer. Very very underrated game.

Reyazul

Post by Reyazul » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:43 pm

Grammar Nazi wrote:
Reyazul wrote:
Well it's complicated but essentially From Software are bringing out a 'new' version of the game with minor 'improvements' (which they have only vaguely described). They are going to charge for it (!) and from what I can gather people who get the new version won't be able to play with people who have the old version. The people who are going to buy/not buy seems a 50/50 split. So there's a big reduction in online play right there (which is slowly diminishing anyway).

The saving grace may be the price. It's not been specified yet. But if it's more than say £10 they can sod off as far as I'm concerned.

Boring enough for ya?
I've heard much, much worse.

But yeah, that sounds like shit. I hate when companies pull stunts like that and basically screw over gameowners. And I *especially* hate online play that players have to pay for. Assassin's Creed was an particularly bad offender of this and so I never gave their online much of a look.

Grammar Nazi

Post by Grammar Nazi » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:54 pm

Reyazul wrote:I've heard much, much worse.

But yeah, that sounds like shit. I hate when companies pull stunts like that and basically screw over gameowners. And I *especially* hate online play that players have to pay for. Assassin's Creed was an particularly bad offender of this and so I never gave their online much of a look.
Still got Assassin's Creed 2. Never played it at all. Don't know why. Does that have online play?

Reyazul

Post by Reyazul » Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:06 am

Grammar Nazi wrote:
Reyazul wrote:I've heard much, much worse.

Still got Assassin's Creed 2. Never played it at all. Don't know why. Does that have online play?
Online starts in AC2 and goes on from there.

I wouldn't bother with it though, like I said. I've played several of the games in the series and AC2 is the best one by a mile, so get on that quick. 8-)