What video game(s) are you playing?

A place to discuss anything. Please don't spam or derail.
Grammar Nazi

Re: What video game(s) are you playing?

Post by Grammar Nazi » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:42 pm

DenisN wrote:
Grammar Nazi wrote:
DenisN wrote:I recently remembered that I bought Gauntlet on steam so I started playing an unhealthy amount of that.
But that game's been freely available for years. Unless they've somehow improved it (and I don't mean making the graphics pretty).
It's pretty similar to how it was. better graphics, I think the gear system is new (you collect gold on runs and buy better gear in-game to have an easier time going farther).

Like the originals it's a really fun game to play with others.
Well I suppose it's better than having to keep putting money in a slot to progress. And fuck those demon thingys.

Grammar Nazi

Post by Grammar Nazi » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:52 pm

I see Mass Effect Andromeda is getting abysmal reviews. I remember wondering why people were getting upset when the EA takeover was announced many years ago. After Dragon Age I saw why. And now it seems that Bioware is Bioware in name only.

Reyazul

Post by Reyazul » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:43 pm

Grammar Nazi wrote:I see Mass Effect Andromeda is getting abysmal reviews. I remember wondering why people were getting upset when the EA takeover was announced many years ago. After Dragon Age I saw why. And now it seems that Bioware is Bioware in name only.
I've seen the same reviews and have determined not to buy it. It sounds like they got really lazy with the production on this one, and got caught up in some SJW nonsense to boot. I may still buy it if it ever hits the $10 bin, but I'm not paying anywhere near full price for it.

I've lost most of my taste for video games nowadays for some reason. Maybe because I realize I'm getting older and I need to focus on marrying and mating instead of fiddling with a controller all day.

I *did* just purchase Suikoden 4 on PSN the other day, though. Suikoden 4 is, as I understand it, the low point in the series, but I bought it anyway just so I can incentivize Konami to release Suikoden 5, which is arguably the best of them all. If I resume gaming anytime in the near future, it'll probably be with that game.
Welsh "I hope you catch genital warts you slut!!!!"
Dark "Now we know that Steph swallows, not spits."
Cars "I wouldn't do *anything*. I wouldn't rape someone or kill a bear."

Grammar Nazi

Post by Grammar Nazi » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:59 pm

Reyazul wrote:
I've seen the same reviews and have determined not to buy it. It sounds like they got really lazy with the production on this one, and got caught up in some SJW nonsense to boot. I may still buy it if it ever hits the $10 bin, but I'm not paying anywhere near full price for it.

I've lost most of my taste for video games nowadays for some reason. Maybe because I realize I'm getting older and I need to focus on marrying and mating instead of fiddling with a controller all day.

I *did* just purchase Suikoden 4 on PSN the other day, though. Suikoden 4 is, as I understand it, the low point in the series, but I bought it anyway just so I can incentivize Konami to release Suikoden 5, which is arguably the best of them all. If I resume gaming anytime in the near future, it'll probably be with that game.
I saw someone playing ME Andromeda on Twitch (as you do). Boy did it look shite. He spent half an hour just jumping around trying to find something. Could have been any old crappy game.

I'm not that enamoured with Tides either. It's decent-that's about all. In fact I've stopped playing it (I'm guessing I'm about 3/4 of the way through) because I'm more interested in Eve Online at the moment.

alisondre

Post by alisondre » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:08 pm

Grammar Nazi wrote:I see Mass Effect Andromeda is getting abysmal reviews. I remember wondering why people were getting upset when the EA takeover was announced many years ago. After Dragon Age I saw why. And now it seems that Bioware is Bioware in name only.
And as I've mentioned elsewhere, they're hardly even putting games out anymore.

I really do wonder how they're staying solvent, what with no products being sold or, apparently, developed.
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

alisondre

Post by alisondre » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:20 pm

It seems that all the good games are online :X

I really don't want to take that step for some reason. Maybe because it seems like an asshole thing to do, for a game to be pay-to-play. And to be honest, I don't know that I want to play with other people. Mostly I don't play much, and when I do, I want to open up the game, pick up where I left off, play for an hour or so, and then go on with the rest of the stuff I have to do. I don't want to have to coordinate with other people, or in fact deal with other people at all. I like my antisocial time I guess :D

I just went through a whole thing downloading several games and being really frustrated cuz my mouse pad was shite for a controller. (It worked fine when I replayed NWN...) I'm sure this will be amusing to you all, but it never occurred to me to just plug a mouse into my laptop. I can't say I've ever seen anyone ever use a mouse with a laptop; I may have, but it didn't make enough of an impression that I actually remembered seeing it.

Anyway.

I'm about to give System Shock 2 a try now that I have a mouse to use; it was impossible to play without one. I was on a mission to find a game to play, and tried Tyranny and Deus Ex GOTY version, but they were all crap with a mouse pad.

*sigh*

I guess I have a bunch of games ready for playing in the future...
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

alisondre

Post by alisondre » Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:37 am

So I was thinking about playing A Tragedy in Tragidor, which is a very good home-brewed NWN module, and found it on the internet, downloaded it into my "Modules" folder like I'm supposed to, and...nothing.

Ideas?

Grammar Nazi

Post by Grammar Nazi » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:20 am

alisondre wrote:So I was thinking about playing A Tragedy in Tragidor, which is a very good home-brewed NWN module, and found it on the internet, downloaded it into my "Modules" folder like I'm supposed to, and...nothing.

Ideas?
Sigh. Don't you know computers at all? Geek up for gawdsake. Or ask on a relevant forum maybe.

And also, Baldur's Gate. For the 458th time. :)

Grammar Nazi

Post by Grammar Nazi » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:23 am

alisondre wrote:
And as I've mentioned elsewhere, they're hardly even putting games out anymore.

I really do wonder how they're staying solvent, what with no products being sold or, apparently, developed.
Subsidised by EA (who make loads of money from other crappy games half of which are remakes).

alisondre

Post by alisondre » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:18 am

Grammar Nazi wrote:
alisondre wrote:So I was thinking about playing A Tragedy in Tragidor, which is a very good home-brewed NWN module, and found it on the internet, downloaded it into my "Modules" folder like I'm supposed to, and...nothing.

Ideas?
Sigh. Don't you know computers at all? Geek up for gawdsake. Or ask on a relevant forum maybe.

And also, Baldur's Gate. For the 458th time. :)
I did it years ago when NWN was new :X

I really don't seem to like the engine for Baldur's Gate.

I'm enjoying System Shock 2 so far though...