What video game(s) are you playing?

A place to discuss anything. Please don't spam or derail.
alisondre

Re: What video game(s) are you playing?

Post by alisondre » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:04 am

Although I've been looking at some screenshots of the BG enhanced edition, and I may just give it a whirl :D
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Grammar Nazi

Post by Grammar Nazi » Mon May 01, 2017 6:49 pm

alisondre wrote:Although I've been looking at some screenshots of the BG enhanced edition, and I may just give it a whirl :D
Well if you get into it you'll get so much value, it'll be coming out of your ears.

KiLL HAnnAH

Post by KiLL HAnnAH » Wed May 03, 2017 8:46 am

alisondre wrote: I just went through a whole thing downloading several games and being really frustrated cuz my mouse pad was shite for a controller. (It worked fine when I replayed NWN...) I'm sure this will be amusing to you all, but it never occurred to me to just plug a mouse into my laptop. I can't say I've ever seen anyone ever use a mouse with a laptop; I may have, but it didn't make enough of an impression that I actually remembered seeing it.
What?? You actually tried gaming with a mouse pad? And you actually played NWN successfully with it? That's hipster level stuff right there (and an exceptional level of patience). I'm surprised to hear that it's uncommon to use a mouse with a laptop over there, it's common over here.

KiLL HAnnAH

Post by KiLL HAnnAH » Wed May 03, 2017 9:21 am

Finally finished DA:I along with DLCs.

Spent the past few days completing Battlefield 1 (which ignited my interest to find out more about the Great War, where previously I was interested only in WWII).

Just started with Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun, which is an excellent revival of the RTT gameplay found in the Commandos and Desperados series. Just look at that beautiful 2D artwork.
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (419.22 KiB) Viewed 1113 times

Grammar Nazi

Post by Grammar Nazi » Thu May 04, 2017 2:37 pm

KiLL HAnnAH wrote:Finally finished DA:I along with DLCs.

Spent the past few days completing Battlefield 1 (which ignited my interest to find out more about the Great War, where previously I was interested only in WWII).

Just started with Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun, which is an excellent revival of the RTT gameplay found in the Commandos and Desperados series. Just look at that beautiful 2D artwork.
Looks great. Sounds like an interesting game.

KiLL HAnnAH

Post by KiLL HAnnAH » Fri May 05, 2017 8:49 am

Grammar Nazi wrote:
KiLL HAnnAH wrote:Finally finished DA:I along with DLCs.

Looks great. Sounds like an interesting game.
It is. If you've never had any experience with such games, you're basically controlling a bunch of characters with different abilities and trying to achieve an objective all the while avoiding/eliminating enemies who have field of vision cones.

I quite like such games but their heyday was back in the early 2000's. Even then they weren't many of them. There was an enjoyable one based on Robin Hood. I don't recall seeing any such games for the past decade, so it's good to see that this one is earning really rave reviews. Hopefully it will spawn more of the same, with different settings.

Only European developers seem to be interested in doing these sort of games, especially German ones. The one that did Shadow Tactics is a new studio, so that's nice to see.

Oh, and a mistake on my part. It's not 2D, but actually 3D. You can rotate the camera around.

Grammar Nazi

Post by Grammar Nazi » Sun May 07, 2017 7:16 pm

KiLL HAnnAH wrote: It is. If you've never had any experience with such games, you're basically controlling a bunch of characters with different abilities and trying to achieve an objective all the while avoiding/eliminating enemies who have field of vision cones.

I quite like such games but their heyday was back in the early 2000's. Even then they weren't many of them. There was an enjoyable one based on Robin Hood. I don't recall seeing any such games for the past decade, so it's good to see that this one is earning really rave reviews. Hopefully it will spawn more of the same, with different settings.

Only European developers seem to be interested in doing these sort of games, especially German ones. The one that did Shadow Tactics is a new studio, so that's nice to see.

Oh, and a mistake on my part. It's not 2D, but actually 3D. You can rotate the camera around.
Yeah, I read a bit about it. I've not had any experience with those kind of games. Sounds like it could be a good thing to get into for a change.

KiLL HAnnAH

Post by KiLL HAnnAH » Tue May 09, 2017 4:32 pm

Grammar Nazi wrote:
Yeah, I read a bit about it. I've not had any experience with those kind of games. Sounds like it could be a good thing to get into for a change.
Variety is the spice of life. :mrgreen:

Grammar Nazi

Post by Grammar Nazi » Sun May 21, 2017 7:06 pm

Btw, 'The Blops blapped the blob' is a perfectly sensible phrase in Eve and definitely not the insane ramblings of a two-year old who's had too much tartrazine.

Diablo1399
Site Admin

Post by Diablo1399 » Thu May 25, 2017 1:43 am

Ha! I finally finished Pillars of Eternity! Good game, would recommend to fans of RPGs.
Wasting your time since 2004.