Welcome Back!

A place to discuss anything. Please don't spam or derail.
User avatar
Reyazul
Posts: 1159
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:40 pm
Location: Southeast of Disorder

Re: Welcome Back!

Post by Reyazul » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:33 pm

Diablo1399 wrote:
Reyazul wrote:Archive.org actually has a couple of whole threads archived too, if I recall correctly. I think one of them was Dimble's european sexcapade thread.
Are you able to get his email address and contact him?
I'll see what I can do...
Welsh "I hope you catch genital warts you slut!!!!"
Dark "Now we know that Steph swallows, not spits."
Cars "I wouldn't do *anything*. I wouldn't rape someone or kill a bear."

User avatar
The Dark Something or other
Posts: 512
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:27 pm
Contact:

Re: Welcome Back!

Post by The Dark Something or other » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:02 am

Reyazul wrote:Archive.org actually has a couple of whole threads archived too, if I recall correctly. I think one of them was Dimble's european sexcapade thread.
Where? Can't see 'em.

User avatar
Veggie Legs
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:38 pm
Location: Norwich, UK

Re: Welcome Back!

Post by Veggie Legs » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:28 pm

I couldn't find that one, but there's a few threads that really put the time into perspective: telling people about this new thing called 'Facebook', moaning about Kazaa being down, celebrating the release of Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince.
MOO! MOX! MOO! MOX! MOO! MOX! MOO! MOX! MOO! MOX! MOO! MOX! MOO! MOX! MOO! MOX! MOO! MOX! MOO! MOX! MOO! MOX! MOO! MOX! MOO!

User avatar
The Dark Something or other
Posts: 512
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:27 pm
Contact:

Re: Welcome Back!

Post by The Dark Something or other » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:07 pm

Veggie Legs wrote:I couldn't find that one, but there's a few threads that really put the time into perspective: telling people about this new thing called 'Facebook', moaning about Kazaa being down, celebrating the release of Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince.
Can someone show me how to view the old threads, please?

But yeah: I find it amazing to know that it was 2005 when Facebook came out; you know, I was already doing my BA. What. The. Fuck. Now Facebook has become integrated into the fabric of the Matrix.

Sometimes people say to me, "You really should join Facebook". And I never quite know how to say the following without sounding like a stuck up prick: 'Erm, yeah, I actually joined it when it came out, but I've kinda emotionally outgrown it, unlike some people who still think it's cool... *snort snort*'

User avatar
FireLily
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:44 am
Location: Pennsylvania, USA

Re: Welcome Back!

Post by FireLily » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:32 pm

http://web.archive.org/web/200502050251 ... hp?act=idx

There are several dates that you can pick from on archive.org; this is just one example.

User avatar
Reyazul
Posts: 1159
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:40 pm
Location: Southeast of Disorder

Re: Welcome Back!

Post by Reyazul » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:04 pm

The Dark Something or other wrote:Sometimes people say to me, "You really should join Facebook". And I never quite know how to say the following without sounding like a stuck up prick: 'Erm, yeah, I actually joined it when it came out, but I've kinda emotionally outgrown it, unlike some people who still think it's cool... *snort snort*'
It's good to have one anyway even if you don't intend to use it. You never know when you might need to contact an old friend/acquaintence (and have no other means to do so).
The Dark Something or other wrote:Can someone show me how to view the old threads, please?
Just click on some of them. Unfortunately, archive only saved some of them, and there's no way to really tell *which* ones were saved (at least that I've found), so it'll take some trial and error.
Welsh "I hope you catch genital warts you slut!!!!"
Dark "Now we know that Steph swallows, not spits."
Cars "I wouldn't do *anything*. I wouldn't rape someone or kill a bear."

ciller
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:34 pm

Re: Welcome Back!

Post by ciller » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:55 pm

Hey, hello people of OT. If you don't know me it is because I was only around from original OT and maaaybe some of OT2. But I am here in lurk mode and perhaps will become social again at some point! Nice to see names I recognize though, brings back good times!

User avatar
The Dark Something or other
Posts: 512
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:27 pm
Contact:

Re: Welcome Back!

Post by The Dark Something or other » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:33 pm

ciller wrote:Hey, hello people of OT. If you don't know me it is because I was only around from original OT and maaaybe some of OT2. But I am here in lurk mode and perhaps will become social again at some point! Nice to see names I recognize though, brings back good times!
I remember you. By which I mean, I remember your username. And nothing else about you.

WELCOME.

User avatar
Reyazul
Posts: 1159
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:40 pm
Location: Southeast of Disorder

Re: Welcome Back!

Post by Reyazul » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:33 pm

The Dark Something or other wrote:I remember you. By which I mean, I remember your username. And nothing else about you.
I think he was from that Canadia place.
Welsh "I hope you catch genital warts you slut!!!!"
Dark "Now we know that Steph swallows, not spits."
Cars "I wouldn't do *anything*. I wouldn't rape someone or kill a bear."

User avatar
Grammar Nazi
Posts: 1212
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:09 pm
Location: somewhere they don't play NWN

Re: Welcome Back!

Post by Grammar Nazi » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:16 pm

The Dark Something or other wrote:
ciller wrote:Hey, hello people of OT. If you don't know me it is because I was only around from original OT and maaaybe some of OT2. But I am here in lurk mode and perhaps will become social again at some point! Nice to see names I recognize though, brings back good times!
I remember you. By which I mean, I remember your username. And nothing else about you.

WELCOME.
Similar except I remember him pestering the females a lot.

Post Reply